Thursday, January 22, 2009

pick me up

Caffeine sometimes just isn't enough. A good read is the ultimate compliment to a cup 'o joe...it's even a healthier addiction, adding nourishment and stimulation to that brain of yours! Here are some literary stand-outs that I have, (yikes!) yet completed:








P.S. Went to a club in Paris last Saturday and waited in the queue for over an HOUR, but it was behind a lady dress almost exactly like Amelia here...who has intrigued me since I first heard of her as a child. Thinkin' I'll be picking up a bio of this first lady to have ever flown solo across that Atlantic pond...

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I couldn't agree more! I just purchased Them: A Memoir of Parents by Francine du Plessix Gray (an interesting lady to be sure) and am looking forward to reading it. If it is any good, I will bring it to Paris avec moi!

Cynthia said...

HAHA Do you get the GOOP newsletter? I love you.

katelyn o'quinn said...

totally get the GOOP! really like it, hopefully she'll mention best of paris soon too! haha.

that post reminded me of all these lost classics, books that i have seen time and time again in B and N but always forget to pick up...