Friday, January 9, 2009

leap! for LES SOLDES


Les Soldes. Sales, en français.

It all started Wednesday and shall end on February 10th. In Europe official sales are only twice a year in January and in July. I am sure the rational has something to do with the EU and the economy. Regardless, it makes me wonder if it promotes a lifestyle less influenced by constant consumption? In the states sales are always going on, inticing the consumer to buy, buy, buy. What are your opinions on le sujet? Frankly, I'm eyeing a few items here already at Galeries Lafayette in Paris. Need to look over the budjet, but a purchase on my part may be happening soon...eek.
Also, my sister convinced me, well actually when under the influence of boredom one can make rash decisions for a temporary thrill...well, she convinced me to read Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer. I read it over the course of the holiday break and now am reading the whole dang series. Sigh...Signed, Sealed, Delivered. I'm human. I am going to see the motion picture tomorrow.

Découvrez Stevie Wonder!



:) Bon Weekend à tous!!!

***Incredible photo of full o grace Hilary Swank from Vanity Fair, photograph taken by the glorious Norma Jean.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Okay, I'm going running now!

katelyn o'quinn said...

i know right? bangin'bod that hilary has.