Thursday, November 13, 2008

for you

French class was today. I have to wake up and be on the RER at 7.33 in order to be in class at 9 on time. My favorite part of the journey into Paris for class is when I walk down rue de Madrid. It is the street that turns into rue de Lisbonne, where my school is located. Rue de Madrid is where there are an abundance of music classes and a few music shops. Each time I stroll down the street I hear hobos, violins, piano, and the occasional police horn :). It's a joy to hear...and I thank God. Wasn't it Maya Angelou that said " a bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song". That is what I think of when I hear the faint hobo. On the contrary to the morning, the afternoon brought chaos, the typical hustle and bustle of this town. I passed by some mega shops on the way home, in particular H&M was extremely crowed, and since inquiring minds want to know why (sure you do...;), I entered and discovered that there was an opening of a designer known as Comme Des Garçons. I didn't buy a thing, I just casually, or attempted to casually stoll, but of course was shoulder swiped and treated like any other person there...like I was one in a herd. I couldn't believe how so many people cared to have a Comme Des Garçons polka dot shirt. Polka dots...ooo so nouveau, nouveau-NOT. Anyway, just another day in the city...whoop dee do!

Word(s) of the day:

"To claim that a god with such a wide-ranging agenda is small may seem absurd, until one realizes that any god wedded to a national policy that ascribes more worth to the rich than the poor or to the mother and child in Scarsdale than to the mother and child in Baghdad is not God at all, but the sort of nationalistic idol attacked relentlessly by Amos, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Jesus of Nazareth." -Dr. Paul Hanson


Here is a new tune from the dearly loved Tracy Chapman!

Découvrez Tracy Chapman!

No comments: