Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Isn't it romantic?

So. I am alive and well in France! The Bernard's are so kind and hospitable. Iam in love with everything already...each night,dinner together...a different meal, a new wine, plus those silly and goshdarncute kids!

Paris has been oh so lovely and has captivated my heart once again. I took a bateau mouche the other day...I usually stay clear of concentrated groups of tourists...but when will I ever be able to view Paris from the Seine?!

Jouy-en-Josas is quite charming. It is where the Toile industry began...you know, that fabric your mom buys,printed with peasants and countryside. Also, the house of the Bernard's, on rue 10 Victor Hugo is where the romantic man himself around 1834'hosted' his amoureuse Juliette Drouet. It is where he wrote la Tristesse d’Olympio.

I suppose I should pay hommage to the man and visit him at the Panthèon in Paris!

Today I ate lunch with the 2 boys Hadrièn and Alexandre, plus their neighbor Gabriel! It is a mad house with 3 boys...I made biftek and purée, yum! Flore eats at school. Ok, that's enough of that!...don't want to bore you too much!

à bientot!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

That's fantastically dreamy, it is. Tell us more, much more! And take lots of pictures my dear!!